Newly Released! U.S. PIAAC Survey of Incarcerated Adults Results
- Highlights from the U.S. PIAAC Survey of Incarcerated Adults: Their Skills, Work Experience, Education, and Training
- U.S. PIAAC Prison Study: Public-Use Files and Restricted-Use Files
- Updated U.S. PIAAC Interactive Data Portal (Choose Prison 18-74 in the Sample Selection)
- Updated International Data Explorer (Choose Adults 16-74 (household and prison) in Display Selection)
- NCES Statement on PIAAC 2014 Prison Study and Slides
- Updated FAQ
- U.S. PIAAC 2012/2014: Main Study and National Supplement Technical Report
U.S. PIAAC 2012/2014 First Look Report
Conference materials are now available. Click here to access them.
NEW! OECD Releases Results from PIAAC Round 2 Countries
Skills Matter - Further Results from the Survey of Adult Skills
June 28, 2016 - This OECD report presents results from the nine additional countries that participated in the second round of PIAAC in 2014-15 (including Chile, Greece, Indonesia [Jakarta], Israel, Lithuania, New Zealand, Singapore, Slovenia and Turkey), in addition to the first international round of PIAAC data collected in 24 countries in 2011-12. Read the full report.
The Survey of Adult Skills - Reader's Companion, 2nd Edition
June 28, 2016 - This OECD volume describes the design and methodology of the PIAAC study and its relevance to other international student and adult skills assessments. Read the full report.
OECD Report on Adults, Computers and Problem Solving
An in-depth analysis of the results from PIAAC's problem solving in technology-rich environments (PSTRE) assessment. Proficiency in problem solving using ICT is related to greater participation in the labour force, lower unemployment, and higher wages. By contrast, a lack of computer experience has a substantial negative impact on labour market outcomes, even after controlling for other factors.
PIAAC Distance Learning Dataset Training
Access this free online training module provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and learn more about the PIAAC study and how to achieve accurate results, all at your own pace. Begin watching the modules here ›
Also, we created a flyer about these training modules. Check it out here ›