About › AIR PIAAC
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) team provides a gateway to information about the Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC) across multiple sites, including:
- the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the agency within the U.S. Department of Education which sponsors PIAAC in the U.S.;
- the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), which coordinates PIAAC around the world;
- websites established by other English-speaking countries that participated in PIAAC;
- websites established by other U.S. federal agencies, including the Office for Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE) of the U.S. Department of Education; and
- websites established by not-for-profit organizations such as the National Coalition for Literacy (NCL) to share PIAAC-related information.
In short, AIR PIAAC is the go-to gateway for access to resources and information about the assessment and its findings, press releases, media coverage, publications, audio and video resources, and the latest updates about all PIAAC-related topics.
This website is produced by the American Institutes for Research (AIR). AIR staff work closely with NCES and other contractors in the United States to provide technical assistance and management support and to conduct outreach and dissemination activities for PIAAC in the United States. In addition to creating and maintaining this PIAAC Gateway, AIR’s outreach and dissemination activities include:
- conducting briefings to introduce key interest groups to PIAAC;
- delivering presentations about PIAAC at meetings and conferences; and
- producing a variety of informational resources, including PIAAC Monthly Updates, also known as the PIAAC “Buzz,” to share key information about PIAAC.